Happy April! Long time no blogging (how many times have I used that line? Not quite as many times as I’ve used “Anyways” in my morning pages, at least)! Now that March is over, it’s time to look at my goals for the month.
March Writing Goals
- Write 31,000 words.
- Do my morning pages every day.
- Restart The Artist’s Way (I’m doing this in a buddy system with a friend).
- Finish — or come close to finishing — a Dragon Age 2 fanfic I’ve had hanging around for far too long. The goal is to have it finished by 04/30/18, so I can spend the summer working on original fiction.
March Writing Goals Results
- Words written: 30,354. So close! If I’d gotten it together to write another 700 words on Saturday, I’d have made it.
- Morning pages: done every day!
- I did restart The Artist’s Way, but as the semester got busier, I just didn’t have the brain power for it. I’m going to pick it up in May, once classes are over and I (theoretically) have some breathing room.
- I finished three chapters of that Dragon Age 2 longfic, and started a fourth. I foresee about seven more chapters, total, to wrap this up, so that will be my focus in April.
Not a bad month, considering how tired/busy I was. And now:
April Writing Goals
- Write 50,000 words. I’m doing Camp NaNoWriMo with some friends, so with some discipline (and focusing on a writing routine), I should be able to handle this.
- Morning pages every day.
- Finish the Dragon Age 2 fic (the rough draft, at least).
- Write one short story for a Patreon reward, then submit it.
- Write my last three pending Patreon reward flashfics.
Luckily, the Patreon reward fics will count toward my word count goal, so if I need a break from writing about DA2, I’ll have plenty to work on and won’t lose momentum.
I finished the five books on my to-read list for March, but that will be a separate post (this one’s getting a bit long). No writing happened yesterday, and I haven’t done my morning pages yet, but it’s okay. No blame, just keep moving forward.